Monday, December 28, 2015

Dreams "Are meant to be lived" part II

I hold fast to dreams
Like Langston Hughes told me to
Glad he did because I would've died
Long before they were supposed to

'Cause when life gets in the way
Depending on how your cards are laid
It is so easy to become discouraged and dismayed

Yet and still, I hold fast to dreams
Because they are always trying to escape
Through the windows of situations, circumstances,
 tragedies and un-expectancies

I shall not let them go
I shall not let them leave
I know my life is more than
what it currently perceives

My dreams are my proof
My dreams are my youth

For if I let them die
Old I will become
Sinking in regret
Thinking of only the ability and
 potential I had

Never did I pursue
Never did I use
Never did I do....

Anything with it
I let sky be my limit
When I could've went way beyond stars

But I shall not be that rocking chair woman
with only wisdom and lemonade to give
I shall live

By making my dreams palpable, a reality.
Build, create a legacy, of my inner me.

So, I shall hold fast to dreams
Be all that I can be
No matter the obstacle
I will never let them stop me

Because my dreams, my journey (s)
Are meant to be..... Lived.

 (c) 2015
Written by Until...

This poem was premiered in a series called "Poetic Uprising" at Max Blooms in Fullerton, California. It was there she met the Founder of a foundation called Kind-Hearted Compassion in Action and was asked to perform this poem for an upcoming event. The event was called "Elevate Genius" which happened on December 12, 2015 at the Yost Theater in Santa Ana, CA. Presented by Kind-Hearted Compassion in Action Foundation in which Until is also a part of.


 This poem was met with great applause. If you would like to purchase the poem or Until's book called "I Just Want to Write" please visit her website at www.untilnomore.net and to find out more about the foundation and event, please visit the website at www.kindheartedcompassion.org.


 "Follow your dreams, because when you're happy, everyone in your life benefits. You can't beat it, happiness is contagious." ~ Until...



#IJustWanttoWrite #ElevateGenius #KindHeartedCompassioninAction #AuthorandSpokenWordArtistUntil #ArtofJazz 
#DreamsAremeanttobelivedpartIIbyUntil
#BlackSwanPublshing #PoeticUprising #SpokenWordArtistUnti
#QuandaRGraves


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am someone who is attracted to paper and aroused by my thoughts and feelings which are connected to my pen. I am someone who is enlightened by what I and others write down and often surprised about how I and others think. I am somone who believes that I am all that my poetry speaks, all that my poetry bleeds, all that my poetry reeks, all that my poetry feeds. Poetry is me. Therefore I am poetry. Until...