Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Tea & Verse Update 8/25/18



This event was nothing short of amazing. The theme of this Tea & Verse was to pay tribute to our favorite poets as well as share some of our very own poetry. Some of the tributes were to Paul Dunbar, Nikki Giovanni, Charles Bukowski, Maya Angelou etc . . .

This gave us poets a chance to give light to those who inspired us, share why and how. Our audience were more than great. They were a highly participative crowd and the intimacy made it sweet and joyous.

As a poet, outside of internationally and if you're blessed. You'll get to travel many local nooks and crannies and meet a plethora of eclectic, eccentric and quite interesting people. Most of these experiences you will enjoy, but as time goes on you will begin to revisit a word in your vocabulary that everyone uses but not often act upon. It is the word humble, (humility). When you come across those artists that have no idea of that word's meaning, you will in your entirety start to appreciate the ones who do, so much more. 
I have to say, that was the beauty of Tea & Verse presented by Jasmine Colbert. We were all in the likes of each other. We as artists understood each other's shine, talent and spirit. It was splendiferous!
We as artists came together to pray before the event began and in my heart I know it was God who resonated in that whole room and illumed from within us all. 

In my head I like to believe that all poets are friends and we all know one another from around the way. Though that may not be true. I can assure you that on Saturday, it was my vision of what I usually think and see. At this event, I learned that what you believe can come true, people of great rapport and wonderful attitudes, they do exist. I also learned that I didn't have to wane myself in any way. 

We appreciated each other, complimented each other and dare I say, there were no egos, no judgement, no pompousness at all. 
It was already recognized and respected of what each has done whether we heard of them or not. We were all so supportive, motivating and inspiring one another and it turned out to be a beautiful soiree. 

The Lord smiled on us all and as a feature, the word blessings I received, were tremendously overwhelming for me. The poems I shared were "All The Way" by Charles Bukowski and "I Married My Mother" by Nikki Giovanni. Then for my poems I shared "The Day My Book Was Published" and last, of course not at all least, I shared the whole reason for my existence;
Dreams "Are Meant To Be Lived"pt.

My message was absorbed in the way I had hoped. People understood my advocacy of my need to re-ignite the spark of following dreams. They were also open to take a sample of my Dreams "Are Meant To Be Lived" Oolong Tea. 

Well received and I couldn't be happier. I want to give a BIG thank you to the lovely Jasmine Colbert who put Tea & Verse together. If you would like to learn more about Jasmine Colbert and the rest of my fellow poets, please see their pages below. Click, read, share and repeat and next time we hope to see you at the next Tea & Verese!

Remember: "Poetry is me. Therefore I am Poetry." ~Until

Jasmine Colbert: https://www.facebook.com/jasmine.colbert.92

Urith Walker: https://www.facebook.com/urith.walker

Totress Beasley: https://www.facebook.com/totress.beasley











Totress Beasley, Jasmine Colbert, Urith Walker, Until (Quanda R. Graves)





2 comments:

  1. Thank you Until for writing such a lovely review of the event! It was a wonderful day and I was so glad that you and the other artists were able to share in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome Jncolbert. Thank you for having me. I can't wait until the next one. QRGU

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am someone who is attracted to paper and aroused by my thoughts and feelings which are connected to my pen. I am someone who is enlightened by what I and others write down and often surprised about how I and others think. I am somone who believes that I am all that my poetry speaks, all that my poetry bleeds, all that my poetry reeks, all that my poetry feeds. Poetry is me. Therefore I am poetry. Until...