Friday, July 10, 2015

"My Encounter with a Living Legend"

I had the pleasure of meeting Nikki Giovanni at Esowon Bookstore in Lemiert Park in Los Angeles, California, on February 25th of 2007 for her book signing. Promoting her latest book at the time called, Acolytes. Here is our conversation: 

Until - It's a pleasure meeting you, I really enjoy your work.

Nikki Giovanni - Well, thank you!

Until - I wanted to get your thoughts, your opinion on something.

Nikki Giovanni - Okay! (With a smile)

Until - I'm almost done with my very first poetry edition and I wanted to ask you this question since you're a professor. Do you think it's necessary for me to go to school to publish it or should I just put it out?

Nikki Giovanni - No, it's not necessary to go to school for it. I think you should do what you feel.

Until - Really?

Nikki Giovanni - Yes. Put it out there because you never know where it will take you. See where it takes you.

Thank you Nikki Giovanni!!! You're the best!!!
Love Until...
***********************************
I loved this brief yet easy conversation with Nikki. Our conversation provided me great inspiration to continue to move forward in action to accomplish my dream. That dream came true July 3rd of 2014.*

You can find "My Encounter with a Living Legend" in the poetry edition called "I Just Want to Write!" on page 70. If you would like to know purchase an autographed signed copy please visit my website at www.untilnomore.net. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am someone who is attracted to paper and aroused by my thoughts and feelings which are connected to my pen. I am someone who is enlightened by what I and others write down and often surprised about how I and others think. I am somone who believes that I am all that my poetry speaks, all that my poetry bleeds, all that my poetry reeks, all that my poetry feeds. Poetry is me. Therefore I am poetry. Until...