Friday, January 2, 2015

My Pen's Position

My pen, poor thing,
Carries the weight of my burdens
  and what a heavy weight to bear

Sometimes I feel my pen weakening
 from the troubles I share

Which means, my pen often breaks down
And of course I provide the maintenance
Until the dreary day comes
For me to replace it by permanently laying her down

Then bond all over again
  with a brand new different pen
For the new journey's and experiences
I shall begin and . . . wow!

I hate to admit it
However I do have a high turnover in that position
But not because I'm a terrible owner
More like because of it's mission

I live life to the fullest
Endure pain how I live
And since I'm a writer
This is the legacy I give

And it is told to me that I show great promise,
And will be on this earth a long time
So it is important that I record the events on my life

Because the expiration date is unknown
And my story has to be told
But only through mine eyes
And that is my pen's position . . . to tell my story

Written by Until...

Copyright 2014

To purchase Until's book "I Just Want to Write!" Please visit her website at
www.untilnomore.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am someone who is attracted to paper and aroused by my thoughts and feelings which are connected to my pen. I am someone who is enlightened by what I and others write down and often surprised about how I and others think. I am somone who believes that I am all that my poetry speaks, all that my poetry bleeds, all that my poetry reeks, all that my poetry feeds. Poetry is me. Therefore I am poetry. Until...